PredictionGame
Tournaments this week

PGame 2020 newsfeed

Predict WTA Winners and Champions every week.
Post Reply New Topic
Graveller
Commish
Commish

PGame 2020 newsfeed

Post by Graveller » Jan Sun 12, 2020 1:40 pm

Decided to create a thread on PGame news and results for the whole year. I cannot promise weekly updates, but will do my best.
Feel free to join in whenever you want :-)

Results of first week of the twenties:
1) Ace2Ace was the first one to win an event in this year/decade: WTA Shenzen International. First time for him to win here.

2) Serenarulz09 wins a first event since Eastbourne 2016. Almost 4 years ago (that year Serenarulz09 won 9 WTA-events, incl. the Australian Open, Miami and Rome). And comes more than a decade after the first title in Warsaw, 2009. The current title at WTA Premier Brisbane was career victory #27...

3) Jeff in Texas was the most successful one this week: Two titles: winner in WTA Auckland, and Co-winner in ATP Doha. And it is worth mentioning that he now won 3 Auckland titles in a row!

4) Finally, Graveller was the other co-winner in ATP-Doha.

So these four already managed to win an event in this new year. But I am pretty sure that the test will follow.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Re: PGame 2010 newsfeed

Post by Graveller » Jan Sun 12, 2020 2:06 pm

In the last week before the AO, we have 4 events, nicely split over WTA and ATP.
Alelaide is new, but as it is the continuation of Sydney, I decided to merge the H.O.F. for Sydney and Adelaide...

Premier Sydney/Adelaide is one of the events that has been played here since the start in 2002. But it is remarkable that there are 16 unique winners: no one ever managed to win it twice. From the Players that entered this year so far, the following participants could become #17: CrossCourtBH, Perdida, Pyotr, Wannadoo75. (The 5 other ones could become the first player with multiple titles here). Title defender is Graveller.

Hobart/Gold Coast is another of those events that is on the PGame Calender since 2002, but was not played always (only 13 times). Title defender is Rex.

ATP250 Sydney/Adelaide has also been tough to win twice; only ATP-expert Ace2Ace managed to do so :-) . This year, the job to defend the title is for two people: Graveller and Perdida

The fourth event is ATP250 Auckland. The one who has to defend here has not been seen on the site for a while, namely Themo, so it looks like we will have a different winner this year.
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"