PredictionGame
Tournaments this week




Wimby Day 7 OOP, 7/8/19

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished
Posts: 2598
Joined: Aug Mon 25, 2008 6:10 am

Re: Wimby Day 7 OOP, 7/8/19

Post by sekasi » Jul Mon 08, 2019 10:58 am

Ace2Ace wrote:
Jul Mon 08, 2019 10:29 am
Serioursly, I don't think Svitolina has a chance against Muchova.
I watched her earlier games this weekend to have an idea. She is a level above Svitolina. I'd surprised if she doesn't win in straight sets.
:lol: :lol: , there is a reason Muchova is still holding the ITF green card, give the girl citizenship already. :lol:
She won that match mainly on movement, I do not see her recovering in time to find a hole in Svitolina's wall.

User avatar
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 23648
Joined: Sep Tue 14, 2004 11:49 pm

Re: Wimby Day 7 OOP, 7/8/19

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Mon 08, 2019 11:03 am

LOL....you are crazy.. How old is Muchova?
She's just arriving on the scene. She's got a huge WTA to-30 logo on her passport. She is in Transit in the ITF lounge.

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished
Posts: 2598
Joined: Aug Mon 25, 2008 6:10 am

Re: Wimby Day 7 OOP, 7/8/19

Post by sekasi » Jul Mon 08, 2019 12:01 pm

Ace2Ace wrote:
Jul Mon 08, 2019 11:03 am
LOL....you are crazy.. How old is Muchova?
She's just arriving on the scene. She's got a huge WTA to-30 logo on her passport. She is in Transit in the ITF lounge.
About 22. She will be visiting the main tour here and there but believe me she is just another talented Czech who like Strycova will be having a good run here and there, unless you are telling me she has had several injuries. Svitolina is preparing for her SF, NEXT. :wink:

User avatar
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 23648
Joined: Sep Tue 14, 2004 11:49 pm

Re: Wimby Day 7 OOP, 7/8/19

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Mon 08, 2019 12:51 pm

Alright, how much are you betting this time?
No fake Sekasi crypto currency, please. LOL LOL ... I want real $$$$

User avatar
djmm1962
Accomplished
Accomplished
Posts: 2426
Joined: Jan Sun 25, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Wimby Day 7 OOP, 7/8/19

Post by djmm1962 » Jul Mon 08, 2019 1:14 pm

lol

User avatar
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 23648
Joined: Sep Tue 14, 2004 11:49 pm

Re: Wimby Day 7 OOP, 7/8/19

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Mon 08, 2019 1:16 pm

Barty said: "I think I started well. I was sticking to how I wanted to play. Then in the second set, I think my serve let me down. I let Alison get back into the match too many times, having looks at second serves.

"Overall I didn't play a poor match. When I needed to, when the big moments were there, Alison played better today. It's a tough one to swallow but I lost to a better player."

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished
Posts: 2598
Joined: Aug Mon 25, 2008 6:10 am

Re: Wimby Day 7 OOP, 7/8/19

Post by sekasi » Jul Mon 08, 2019 1:23 pm

Ace2Ace wrote:
Jul Mon 08, 2019 12:51 pm
Alright, how much are you betting this time?
No fake Sekasi crypto currency, please. LOL LOL ... I want real $$$$
:lol: :lol: Time for you to invest in the Sekasi crypto currency, 10,000 coins on the table.

User avatar
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 23648
Joined: Sep Tue 14, 2004 11:49 pm

Re: Wimby Day 7 OOP, 7/8/19

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Mon 08, 2019 1:38 pm

LOL... that's fake money. 10,000 coins one day and zero the next. :) ;)

rex
Commish
Commish
Posts: 3362
Joined: Jun Sun 04, 2006 4:25 pm

Re: Wimby Day 7 OOP, 7/8/19

Post by rex » Jul Mon 08, 2019 2:15 pm

Milos, playing like a woman in crunch time.....forehand miss to the open court at 40-30, while Pella was completely out of the play and moving in the opposite direction; 2 volleys at the net hit into such and blown..... Goes home.... Good win for Pella, nice player..

User avatar
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 23648
Joined: Sep Tue 14, 2004 11:49 pm

Re: Wimby Day 7 OOP, 7/8/19

Post by Ace2Ace » Jul Mon 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Pella was my pick for the PredictionGame. I watched a bit of his previous match while waiting for a WTA match. The guy barely makes error, is excellent at the net, and places his ground strokes very well all around the court.
So I went ahead and changed my prediction for him to beat Raonic. I learned a while back that this Raonic dude is another Isner type of player: big serve and no much after that. I concluded all Pella needed to beat him is try to block the serves and force him into rallies. Looks like it worked.

rex
Commish
Commish
Posts: 3362
Joined: Jun Sun 04, 2006 4:25 pm

Re: Wimby Day 7 OOP, 7/8/19

Post by rex » Jul Mon 08, 2019 6:09 pm

Ace2Ace wrote:
Jul Mon 08, 2019 3:59 pm
Pella was my pick for the PredictionGame. I watched a bit of his previous match while waiting for a WTA match. The guy barely makes error, is excellent at the net, and places his ground strokes very well all around the court.
So I went ahead and changed my prediction for him to beat Raonic. I learned a while back that this Raonic dude is another Isner type of player: big serve and no much after that. I concluded all Pella needed to beat him is try to block the serves and force him into rallies. Looks like it worked.
Re Milos, watching him, not religiously, but when I do watch his matches he's just a serve. Any rally beyond 2 returns.....next game. He hasn't changed much over time, tho' he did serve and volley successfully in moments today.

Re Pella, been aware of him, but by results only when the Tour shifts to South America. Always does well down there and has some impressive runs and wins. I watched the last few games of his match with Milos today in the 5th set and he was indeed impressive with some nice "gets" on returns that looked like winners for Milos that he returned for winners and also passed Milos successfully on some short balls that he came forward on. Plays a nice game, indeed. He's had a nice run here at Wimby for the lst time in his career reaching the quarters.

Post Reply