Tournaments this week

Wednesday tennis in Paris

All General Discussion concerning WTA and ATP
Graveller
Commish
Commish

Re:Wednesday tennis in Paris

Post by Graveller » Jun Wed 06, 2018 8:34 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#sekasi#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# I still don't see why Pliskova would be a reference on clay... (I actually see it more in the lesser Pliskova)...#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#... talking about the "lesser Pliskova"..  what is actually going on with the "better Radwanska" (and the lesser one too)?#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Wed 06, 2018 8:50 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>

Healthy and juicy.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Wed 06, 2018 8:53 am

Third set between Halep and Kerber: 6-7 6-3

Halep andStephens are the best in this event, but Halep is wasting a lot of energy here. And tomorrow is the SF already...

I feel that she is gonna end up short once more when money-time arrives.

Look at the last game in set two: 0-40 (three set points) and still allowing Kerber to get back to deuce (before winning the point/set anyway).
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

CrossCourtBH
Junior
Junior

Post by CrossCourtBH » Jun Wed 06, 2018 8:59 am

Hi all - hope everyone is doing well & enjjoying RG.

I was wondering myself about / where is Aga and sis, and Cibby and JJ?

CrossCourtBH
Junior
Junior

Post by CrossCourtBH » Jun Wed 06, 2018 9:01 am

and where is Tamira Paszec (sic) - quite a few players misisng in action or non action.....

CrossCourtBH
Junior
Junior

Post by CrossCourtBH » Jun Wed 06, 2018 9:02 am

OK great to see your posts Graveller - I am monologueing on live chat. I felt in 2nd set Kerber gave up the fight somewhat - now getting a med timeout (blisters perhaps).

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Wed 06, 2018 9:04 am

Cibby lost in the 1st rd. JJ had eye surgery, ranked about 300 and is considering retiring soon. Aga has back problems....and a hubby, therefore it's unclear the source of the back problems.
Last edited by Grossefavourite on Jun Wed 06, 2018 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Wed 06, 2018 9:06 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#CrossCourtBH#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Watching, and chatting and doing some work is too hard... on the chat I am typing all the time... works in the evening, but not during the day.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Yes, Kerber looked a bit down at the end of set2... and when halep broke her to lead 2-0, it looked like "end of the line" for angelique.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#The re-break and MTO may change the momentum.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#If Halep wins, then Wozn won't be the new #1.... it will be Halep of Garbine.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#&nbsp; #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Re:Wednesday tennis in Paris

Post by sekasi » Jun Wed 06, 2018 9:08 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Graveller</b>:</font>

I am not saying Pliskova is good on clay, but there is no excuse for collecting 3 games from a person equally as bad on clay. If I were Maria, I would also feel confident coming into this match. And let's not forget Serena pulling out had some people thinking Serena was more scared than injured.

Anyway, good on Mugu for showing up.

sekasi
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by sekasi » Jun Wed 06, 2018 9:09 am

<font color=brown>@ <b>Grossefavourite</b>:</font>

I didn't know JJ had eye surgery.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Wed 06, 2018 9:10 am

Halep 3-1... she can be so sloppy at BPs... 15-40, and that shot DTL in the middle of the net.... again going to deuce before breaking after all... four needless points to be played.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#She is wasting a lot of energy today.
Last edited by Graveller on Jun Wed 06, 2018 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Wed 06, 2018 9:10 am

Pliskova won Stuttgart.

Graveller
Commish
Commish

Post by Graveller » Jun Wed 06, 2018 9:13 am

#ed_op#font color="brown"#ed_cl#@ #ed_op#b#ed_cl#Grossefavourite#ed_op#/b#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#&nbsp;So what? Maria won Roland Garros... TWICE.... lightning can strike twice on the same place...#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#And Maria still useless on clay imo...#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#

Grossefavourite
Accomplished
Accomplished

Post by Grossefavourite » Jun Wed 06, 2018 9:13 am

Has Garbine lost weight?

CrossCourtBH
Junior
Junior

Post by CrossCourtBH » Jun Wed 06, 2018 9:17 am

Hi Grosse -

thanks for info.

Garbine does look in v good shape.

Even Plisk's serve - her reliablly good serve - imploded the other day.