PredictionGame
Tournaments this week




One V.I.P Palace for Bug Reports.

All Tennis, All the Time
rex
Commish
Commish
Posts: 3368
Joined: Jun Sun 04, 2006 4:25 pm

Re: One Palace for Bug Reports.

Post by rex » Jan Fri 11, 2019 12:11 am

Bug 10:

Needing your attention:

1). After you deleted the AO for the ladies event for some reason, Ace, where ere the event was not available to Gamers, even tho' the Current Event and the Available to Users boxes were checked on the Commissioner's Table, I created such and it appears to be ok. However, the AO is not reflected in the WTA Prediction box (in Red) with the current events (Hobart and Sydney), located beneath the header on the Scoring Grid for Gamers page (in the box at the top beneath the header).

2). Further, the ATP Prediction Box located on the cumulative Scoring Grid for Gamers page (in Red at the top beneath the header) still has the events from the lst week of the season, does not reflect the current men's events (the Auckland and Sydney) and does not reflect the AO Men's event, created by Grav'.

3). There is an error message ([phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/pdgame/yec_display_detail.php on line 409: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()), when I clicked on the R32 box on the Scoring Grid page for Gamers, respecting the AO Ladies and Gents events.

User avatar
Graveller
Commish
Commish
Posts: 13010
Joined: Jun Fri 17, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Antwerp - Belgium

Re: One Palace for Bug Reports.

Post by Graveller » Jan Fri 11, 2019 7:30 am

Once you know where the links for "Pgame" and "Skan" are - i.e., in the drop-down menu under "Tennis", it is easy.

But for someone coming to the site for the first time, it is very hard to find. To me, it looks as if the Games are hidden too much.
Dunno if others think the same...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

rex
Commish
Commish
Posts: 3368
Joined: Jun Sun 04, 2006 4:25 pm

Re: One Palace for Bug Reports.

Post by rex » Jan Fri 11, 2019 9:00 am

Bug #11:

Skan Contest:

On the AO SkanCanTest Ranking page, in the column labeled "?", the red icon for each gamer, which lists the gamer's Skan Team after clicking on such, doesn't work.

User avatar
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 23657
Joined: Sep Tue 14, 2004 11:49 pm

Re: One Palace for Bug Reports.

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Sun 13, 2019 3:53 pm

rex wrote:
Jan Fri 11, 2019 9:00 am
Bug #11:

Skan Contest:

On the AO SkanCanTest Ranking page, in the column labeled "?", the red icon for each gamer, which lists the gamer's Skan Team after clicking on such, doesn't work.
I know. I spent too much on that but couldn't get it to work.. I should have removed that column. I think something is blocking it. Notice when you click on it, how it tries to display the information but doesn't know where to place it. It scrolls down and down and gives up.
This fight against hackers is making simple custom codes harder to implement.
I left that feature on back burner for when I can tumble on a solution. Probably something to turn off in their setup. Can't figure it out.

rex
Commish
Commish
Posts: 3368
Joined: Jun Sun 04, 2006 4:25 pm

Re: One Palace for Bug Reports.

Post by rex » Jan Sun 13, 2019 4:10 pm

That's alright, Ace. You must have a Windows system, for I don't get that reaction with OSX when I click on that red icon. The reaction on my Mac is nothing. Nevertheless, it's a good attempt to address the issue and thank you for the explanation concerning such.

User avatar
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 23657
Joined: Sep Tue 14, 2004 11:49 pm

Re: One Palace for Bug Reports.

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Sun 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Graveller wrote:
Jan Fri 11, 2019 7:30 am
Once you know where the links for "Pgame" and "Skan" are - i.e., in the drop-down menu under "Tennis", it is easy.

But for someone coming to the site for the first time, it is very hard to find. To me, it looks as if the Games are hidden too much.
Dunno if others think the same...
That was deliberate. I learned it from my experience @ TF. Notice that any title I post there about the Skan doesn't have the word "Contest" or "Game" in it. Many folks see 'Contest' or 'game' and go right by it... not interested in entering contests.
Those same folks would click on the link and go 'wow, that looks interesting, let's give a shot'. That's how we got them playing. They would have simply ignored it.

So, yeah, it's an attempt to get people to find the game, wonder what it is, and click on it. Hopefully the'll give it a shot. Talking about it, I should replace PredictionGame with Prediction.
Those who come here to play the game will find it. Those who are just checking us out will try to see what's under Tennis. They are tennis fans after all.

User avatar
Ace2Ace
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 23657
Joined: Sep Tue 14, 2004 11:49 pm

Re: One Palace for Bug Reports.

Post by Ace2Ace » Jan Sun 13, 2019 4:17 pm

rex wrote:
Jan Fri 11, 2019 12:11 am
Bug 10:

Needing your attention:

1). After you deleted the AO for the ladies event for some reason, Ace, where ere the event was not available to Gamers, even tho' the Current Event and the Available to Users boxes were checked on the Commissioner's Table, I created such and it appears to be ok. However, the AO is not reflected in the WTA Prediction box (in Red) with the current events (Hobart and Sydney), located beneath the header on the Scoring Grid for Gamers page (in the box at the top beneath the header).

2). Further, the ATP Prediction Box located on the cumulative Scoring Grid for Gamers page (in Red at the top beneath the header) still has the events from the lst week of the season, does not reflect the current men's events (the Auckland and Sydney) and does not reflect the AO Men's event, created by Grav'.

3). There is an error message ([phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/pdgame/yec_display_detail.php on line 409: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()), when I clicked on the R32 box on the Scoring Grid page for Gamers, respecting the AO Ladies and Gents events.
1/ and 2/
That makes no sense. It's the same code. Pretty simply. I looked it again and again, and don't see why it's not working. When I have enough strength to sit up straight, I'll take another look.
3/ should be an easy fix. Most likely pointing at the wrong array.
But what's easy fix here?? I don't know anymore.

rex
Commish
Commish
Posts: 3368
Joined: Jun Sun 04, 2006 4:25 pm

Re: One Palace for Bug Reports.

Post by rex » Jan Sun 13, 2019 7:51 pm

Bug #11:

Skan Contest:

Minor bug, but on the Skan ranking page, the Total column does not display the highest score in descending order, per Gamer. Needs an adjustment....

User avatar
Graveller
Commish
Commish
Posts: 13010
Joined: Jun Fri 17, 2011 9:15 am
Location: Antwerp - Belgium

Re: One Palace for Bug Reports.

Post by Graveller » Jan Mon 14, 2019 7:36 am

I just tried to save my predictions for the WTA AO PGame, but it does not work; after clicking on the "save"-button, all scores disappear...
"Never argue with an idiot - they take you down to their level and then beat you on experience"

"Don't wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, but the pig actually likes it"

rex
Commish
Commish
Posts: 3368
Joined: Jun Sun 04, 2006 4:25 pm

Re: One Palace for Bug Reports.

Post by rex » Jan Mon 14, 2019 9:30 am

Grav',

I did the same and had the same issue. The issue may pertain to the error message, referenced in the Bug #10 post, item 3, noted above, for the Rd of 32. However, I did a test score input for the Rd of 16, qtrs, semis and finals and it was ok. So, the issue of scores not taking is for the Rd of 32 only for both Tours.

Post Reply